Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Nature v. Nurture

As far as Nature versus Nurture goes, I believe that we are all born with a blank slate and the environment impacts us in a variety of ways which cause us to see in the world in a particular way or another. When I use the word "environment" I mean the surrounding world around a person including family members, peers, and the physical location, etc. Although genetics has to play a part since many diseases are hereditary but I think that for the most part tabula rasa is the point to begin at in order to figure out the personality of an individual. I lean more towards nurture than nature, although I am not ignorant enough to think that nature does not play a part as well. Homosexuality is a nature occurance, it is not a choice. But what you find attractive in a person I believe is through experience and nurture.

No comments: