Monday, December 10, 2007

Recurring Dreams

No religion is testable and I understand that creationism and other stories from the bible can be described as bad science. But I'd like to revise. Religion is not bad science, it simply isn't science at all. Which is fine and dandy, that's not to say that faith is bad it is just not science. I agree with Hobson that dreams are sporatic scenarios that we create in order to explain a physical stomach ache or such. It makes sense. But I don't know if he successfully answers my question about recurring dreams. Because I've been having this one dream at least three times every year or a long time now. Is it because our minds get used to the story, so when we physically feel that certain pain, or hungar, whatever, that story kicks into our mind. Are there only a number of dreams corrosponding to the number of physical feelings that we get? If so, are these dreams what our choices consist of? Maybe its not that we are protecting our sleep, although we need sleep to survive. I think that maybe after having these recurring dreams, since we know how it is going to end, we try to push ourselves past the last time that we woke up, maybe to get more of the story.

No comments: